Yoweri Kaguta Museveni (@KagutaMuseveni) the president of the republic of Uganda is undoubtedly the most followed Uganda on twitter with over 2 Million followers.
None the less, it will not surprise you that of the 2M followers the president has, he only follows 27 people, and shockingly, there are strange names that will leave you surprised.
The Daily Express Uganda brings you the full list of the only 27 lucky accounts followed by Museveni on twitter in no particular order.
- Awel Uwihanganye (@Uwihanganye_A): In first position is Government of Uganda’s Head of Communications Abel Uwihanganye.
- Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng Ocero (@JaneRuth_Aceng): The Minister for Health joins the list of the 27 lucky people followed by Museveni on twitter. Ruth Aceng is by no surprise that Museveni follows her, at least she has demonstrated her efforts in battle against Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
- Dr Kenneth Omona Olusegun (@KennethOmona): Kenneth Omona is the Principal Private Secretary to HE the President, Republic of Uganda and this shouldn’t come as a surprise that even the president himself follows him back.
- Joshua Cheptegei (@joshuacheptege1@Nike): A Ugandan Athlete , World champion and record holder for 5000m 15k 2xCommon wealth, World XC Champion!, surely, that’s a reason enough to get a follow back from His Excellency.
- Capt. Mike Mukula (@Mukulaa): A long time fellow to the President and the National Vice Chairman NRM Eastern Region, Capt. Mike Mukula is yet another Uganda of the 27 lucky ones to be followed by President Museveni.
- Lt. Col. Edith Nakalema (@edthnaka): The Head of StateHouse Anti Corruption Unit: @AntiGraft_SH Lt. Col. Edith Nakalema is also followed by His Excellency, perhaps to keep track of corruption alerts, huh!.
- William Samoei Ruto, PhD (@WilliamsRuto): It will somewhat surprise you that Museven follows Kenya’s Deputy President, and yet not Uhuru Kenyatta his fellow president.
- Narendra Modi (@narendramodi): President Museveni also follows his longterm fellow and friend H.E Narendra Modi the Prime Minister of India.
- António Guterres(@antonioguterres). Guteres is the current @UN Secretary-General and Uganda being a subscriber to the United Nations, it is by no surprise that Museveni follows the agency.
- Odrek Rwabwogo (@Odrek_Rwabwogo): Rwabogo is Museveni’s inlaw having married President’s second daughter, Patience Rwabwogo. And surely, he deserves a follow back from his In-law, isn’t it?
- Dr. Diana Atwine (@DianaAtwine). The Ministry of Health Permanent Secretary Dr. Diana Atwine like her counterpart Jane Ruth Aceng have this year dominated the headlines for their unprecedented role in fighting against Covid-19, no doubt the President gave her a follow back.
- Ofwono Opondo P’Odel (@OfwonoOpondo). The Government Spokesperson and Executive Director, @UgandaMediaCent, Ofwono Opondo deservedly gets a follow from his boss.
- Edwin Karugire (@karugire): A lawyer by profession and Managing Partner at K&K Advocates, Edwin Karugire also an in-law to the president married Museveni’s first Natasha Karugire and the follow is undoubtedly innevitable.
- Kiryowa Kiwanuka MCIArb (@KiryowaKk) A Partner at K&K Advocates formerly Kiwanuka & Karugire Advocates and Board Member, Petroleum Authority of Uganda. Kiwanuka also join the list of 27 poeple Museveni follows
- Lt. Gen. Muhoozi Kainerugaba (@mkainerugaba): Also the Senior Presidential Adviser for Special Operations (Uganda), Museveni’s first son Muhoozi is of course followed by his father, perhaps it’s a family thing. huh!
- East African Community @jumuiya: As a subscriber to the regional community forum, President Museveni also adds The East African Community #EAC@Jumuiya among the 27 twitter accounts on his follow list.
- Don Wanyama (@nyamadon): Don Wanyama is Museveni’s Senior Press Secretary and of course, the followback is perhaps to monitor what he tweets on behalf of his Excellency the President.
- Uganda Media Centre (@UgandaMediaCent): As a head of state, its innevitable that President also follows the Government of Uganda’s Official centre for Public Communications.
- Frank K Tumwebaze (@FrankTumwebazek): Formerly Minster for Kampala, the Minister of Gender, Labour & Social development , Government of Uganda Frank Tumwebaze also get’s into Museveni follow back list of 27 lucky accounts he follows on twitter.
- Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda (@RuhakanaR): Uganda’s Prime Minister and a staunch Museveni diehard Ndungu Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda is onto the list of people followed by the Presidnet as well.
- Dr John Magufuli (@MagufuliJP): Museveni being a member of the EAC which Tanzania’s Fifth President John pombe Magufuli sibscribes to, a follow is quite innevitable here.
- State House Uganda (@StateHouseUg) I mean why should the president not follow the twitter account for his office?
- Bebe Cool(@BebeCoolUG): Gagamel Boss, Award Winning Musician and NRM diehard Moses Ssali aka Bebe Cool is a real shocker to be on the list of 27 Ugandans followed by Museveni. He remains the only artiste to be followed by the president. Is it for his political support for the president or for his achievement in the music industry? that we leave it to you.
- Nabusayi Lindah Wamboka (@lindahNabusayi): Linda is the Presidential Press Secretary to Museveni and therefore a follow back is instant.
- NRM Party (@NRMOnline): As a party chairman, its by no surprise that H.E. Yower Kaguta Museveni follows the Official Account of the National Resistance Movement.
- Janet K Museveni:(@JanetMuseveni): First Lady of the Republic of Uganda, Founder of UWESO and Minister for Education and Sports. Why should Museveni not follow his heartkeeper, huh!.
- Paul Kagame@PaulKagame: Lastly and in no particular order, Museveni also follows Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame. Leave alone their political rivarlies and wars, the follow back on twitter is imminent for the president.
Who surprised you the most not being on the list, or being among the 27 people Museveni follows on Twitter. Do let us in the tweet or comment box below…