Just In

Two year old baby burnt to ashes in Entebbe house fire

ENTEBBE MUNICIPALITY, UGANDA: Police in Entebbe Municipality is investigating an incident of Rush and Neglect that happened Friday morning in which a two year old juvenile was burnt to ashes in a house fire.

This incident, according to Police, happened at around 9 am when a fire broke out in one of the rental houses belonging to a one Saidi in Lugonjo.

- Advertisement. Article Continues Below. -

Kampala Metropolitan Police said the Entebbe firebrigade truck was dispatched to the scene and the fire was completely extinguished.

“However, detectives recovered a burnt body of a juvenile from the burnt house,” Police said.

The deceased has been identified as Kizito Ackram a two year old boy.

“Preliminary investigations have shown that the mother of the deceased, a one Aisha Nalubega, left her two children sleeping this morning while in a dark room since electricity was off. It is alleged that one of the children, a five years old, lit a candle which fell on the mattress causing the fire,” said Kampala Metropolitan deputy spokesperson Luke Owoyesigire.

Statements have been recorded from relevant witnesses, ash samples collected and the body taken to City Mortuary Mulago for postmortem.

Do you have a story or an opinion to share? Email us on: dailyexpressug@gmail.com Or follow the Daily Express on or for the latest updates.



Comments

Daily Express is Uganda's number one source for breaking news, National news, policy analytical stories, e-buzz, sports, and general news.

We resent fake stories in all our published stories, and are driven by our tagline of being Accurate, Fast & Reliable.

Copyright © 2024 Daily Express Uganda. A Subsidiary of Rabiu Express Media Group Ltd.

To Top
Translate »