Mujib Kasule has announced that he will not be able to return the nomination forms he had earlier picked seeking to contest for the Presidency of FUFA.
Mujib who is also the director of Proline Football Club was one of the three candidates that picked nomination forms from FUFA including incumbent president Moses Magogo and Makindye West Member of Parliament Allan Ssewanyana.
He said that he could not complete the requirements needed for nomination which marked the end of his race.
“Today, I did not return my nomination forms as expected because of the frustration in satisfying the nomination requirements needed,” Kasule said before adding “This whole process is sham.”
He adds that the whole nomination process was meant to frustrate any potential candidates. “It was set up to protect the incumbent, it was set up to ensure that he went through unopposed.”
“The nomination process should never be meant to lock people out. It must give an opportunity to football people to choose the best candidate,” Mujib said.
Eng. Moses Magogo who is also the MP for Budiope East constituency stands the favorite for a third term in office.
Magogo has been at the association’s president since 2013 when he replaced Lawrence Mulindwa who decided not to stand for a third term. He has been voted as president on two occasions, both unopposed. His current tenure expires on August 31, 2021.
FUFA set Saturday, August 21, 2021, for the upcoming general polls during this year’s Ordinary General Assembly to be hosted in Mbale where they will elect the new FUFA President and Executive into office for a four year term.
A total of 88 delegates will take part in the elections.
Do you have a story or an opinion to share? Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org Or join the Daily Express WhatsApp channel for all the latest news and trends or join the Telegram Channel for the latest updates.