CPA Constant Othieno Mayende is the new President of the Council of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU), the Daily Express reports.
CPA Mayende was elected during ICPAU’s 226th meeting with CPA Josephine Ossiya as the Vice President of the accountants association.
Mayende who is also the chairman board of directors, KCB Bank Uganda Limited replaces CPA Frederick Kibbedi, as the 8th President of ICPAU. CPA Ossiya succeeds CPA Ruth Doreen Mutebe Nseko as the Vice President.
“We welcome the new Council, President and Vice President and I call upon each one of us to diligently continue serving the accountancy profession of Uganda through their leadership,” CPA Derick Nkajja, the Chief Executive Officer of ICPAU said.
The ICPAU Council is composed of 11 members, 7 of whom are elected by full members of ICPAU, 3 ex-officio members and 1 member from a recognized professional body, appointed by the Minister for Finance.
A minimum of 3 seats are reserved for women and 5 of 7 elected members must be practising accountants.
The full list of new ICPAU council members;
- CPA Constant Othieno Mayende (President) – Practitioner at CMK & Co. Certified Public Accountants.
- CPA Josephine Okui Okwakol Ossiya (Vice President) – Practitioner at Rona & Partners Certified Public Accountants and Chief Finance Officer at Bujagali Energy Ltd.
- CPA Assoc. Prof. Laura A. Orobia – Associate Professor heading the Department of Accounting & Finance (Academics) at Makerere University Business School (MUBS).
- CPA Geoffrey Byamugisha – Practitioner at Ernst & Young Certified Public Accountants.
- CPA Gloria Tuhaise Wakooba – Deputy Director, Procurement and Disposal Department at Bank of Uganda.
- CPA Ronald Mutumba – Practitioner at Mutumba Mukobe & Associates Certified Public Accountants.
- CPA Stephen Ineget – Practitioner at KPMG Certified Public Accountants.
- Stephen Ojiambo – Accountant General’s Representative.
- Edward Akol – Auditor General’s Representative
- Sarah Tamale Namuli – Representative of Officer Responsible for Higher Education in the Ministry of Education and Sports
- Jackson Mubangizi – Ministerial Appointee.
Mr Othieno is a Partner at CMK & Co, Certified Public Accountants. He is a Certified Public Accountant of Uganda (CPA) and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA).
He holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Business Research Methods from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland as well as Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Commerce degrees from Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda.
Mr Othieno has over 23 years’ experience in banking, strategy formulation, business development, financial management, audit, and quality assurance having held senior positions in a number of reputable private and public sector organizations in Uganda and Rwanda.
He is a Council Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) and also serves on governing boards of several organizations in Uganda. Mr Othieno is a Rotarian and currently serves as the President Elect-Secretary at the Rotary Club of Ntinda.