National

Fire guts furniture workshop in Mityana town

The fire that broke out at Kibibi garage in Mityana district on Tuesday morning destroyed chairs, beds, machines, and hand tool equipment among others.

Furniture workshop destroyed by fire. URN photo

MITYANA, UGANDA: Property worth millions of shillings has been destroyed after a fire gutted a furniture workshop at Kibibi village, Mityana municipality.

The fire that broke out at Kibibi garage in Mityana district on Tuesday morning destroyed chairs, beds, machines, and hand tool equipment among others.

Swaib Bakkabulindi, the proprietor of the furniture workshop attributed the cause of the fire to land disputes surrounding the area.

According to Bakkabulindi, this is the second time his workshop has been gutted by fire, the first being in 2016. He explains the Tuesday fire destroyed property worth Shillings 20 million compared to the Shillings 50 million he lost in 2016.

Fred Ssebanakitta, a resident described the incident as unfortunate and asked the police to swiftly investigate the incident.

The Wamala Region Police Spokesperson, Rachel Kawala says that the police have started investigations into the incident.

ALSO READ:   Gov’t commits Sh7bn to fund athletes for 2022 Commonwealth Games

Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share? Email us on: dailyexpressug@gmail.com Or Click Here join the Daily Express WhatsApp Group or join our Telegram Channel here to stay up-to-date.

Comments
To Top
Translate »