Breaking News

Kasese bound Link Bus catches fire at Nateete

The fire whose cause was yet to be established by presstime happened last evening at around 10 pm involving a Motor Vehicle Reg. No UBD 269A Scania belonging to Link Bus Services.

Link Bus

KAMPALA, UGANDA: Passengers on a Kasese bound Link Bus were last evening left shocked following a fire outbreak that erupted on the bus at Wakaliga traffic lights, just few kilometers away from the city center.

The fire whose cause was yet to be established by presstime happened last evening at around 10 pm involving a Motor Vehicle Reg. No UBD 269A Scania belonging to Link Bus Services.

Mr. Luke Owoyesigyire the Kampala Metropolitan Police deputy spokesperson says fire prevention and rescue services officers responded on time and fortunately, the fire had been extinguished by other first responders using a nearby fire extinguisher, water, and sand.

Preliminary investigations have attributed it to a short circuit in one of the headlamps.

The incident comes barely a week after the bus company had the ban on their operating license lifted following last month’s fatal accident that claimed over 20 people in Fort Portal.

ALSO READ:   Tayebwa directs Rules committee to investigate Minister Namuganza over house integrity

Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share? Email us on: [email protected] Or Click Here join the Daily Express WhatsApp Group or join our Telegram Channel here to stay up-to-date.

Comments
To Top
Translate »