Sports

CAF AWARDS 2023: Voting now open for CAF Goal of the Year, details inside

  • In Summary 
  • Lists comprises of 12 amazing goals from various CAF competitions during the year
  • Football Fans to decide the Winner by means of vote 
  • Voting ends on 8 December 2023

Football fans across the continent will have the last say on who walks away with the CAF Goal of the Year category for the 2023 CAF Awards as voting opens for the next few days.

Voting is now open HERE

An expert panel has selected 12 amazing goals from the various CAF competitions to be voted for by the sporting public.

The public vote account for 70 per cent of the process, making the award special compared to other categories. The other 30 per cent is decided by CAF Technical Experts.

Voting opened on Monday, December 04 via the CAF website and will close on 8 December 2023.

- Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading. -

The winner will be revealed at the CAF Awards Gala on Monday, 11 December 2023, at the Palais des Congrès, Movenpick, Marrakech, Morocco.

Below are the nominees;

- Advertisement. -
  1. Alex Ngonga (DR Congo, TP Mazembe) – TP Mazembe vs AS Real
  2. Dango Ouattara (Burkina Faso, Bournemouth) – Burkina Faso vs Eswatini
  3. Jennifer Owusuaa (Ghana, Ampem Darkoa) – Ampem Darkoa vs Sporting Club Casablanca
  4. Khaled Bousseliou (Algeria, USM Alger) – AS FAR vs USM Alger
  5. Mahmoud Abdelmenem ‘Kahraba’ (Egypt, Al Ahly) – Al Ahly vs Al Hilal
  6. Mahmoud Saber (Egypt, Pyramids/Zed FC) – Egypt vs Morocco
  7. Mohamed Dhaoui (Tunisia, Al Ahly) – Tunisia vs Zambia
  8. Nadege Nguessan Koffi (Cote d’Ivoire, Sporting Club Casablanca) – Atletico FC VS Sporting Club Casablanca
  9. Patient Mwamba (DR Congo, TP Mazembe) – TP Mazembe vs AS Real
  10. Saul Coco (Equatorial Guinea, Las Palmas) – Equatorial Guinea vs Botswana
  11. Teboho Mokoena (South Africa, Mamelodi Sundowns) – Mamelodi Sundowns vs Al Ahly
  12. Refilwe Tebogo Tholekele (Botswana, Mamelodi Sundowns) – Mamelodi Sundowns vs Sporting Club Casablanca

Source: CAF | Communication Department



Do you have a story or an opinion to share? Email us on: dailyexpressug@gmail.com Or join the Daily Express WhatsApp channel for all the latest news and trends or join the Telegram Channel for the latest updates.

Daily Express is Uganda's number one source for breaking news, National news, policy analytical stories, e-buzz, sports, and general news.

We resent fake stories in all our published stories, and are driven by our tagline of being Accurate, Fast & Reliable.

Copyright © 2024 Daily Express Uganda. A Subsidiary of Rabiu Express Media Group Ltd.

To Top
Translate »