Kabale, (UG): The fourth edition of the Kigezi Teens Magazine, a youth magazine aimed at “Empowering the youth and transforming lives of the young generation” was officially launched on Saturday, December 23rd, 2023, as it seeks to continue extending youthful programs across Western Uganda.
The function held at White Horse Inn, Kabale, Western Uganda was presided over by Prof. Charles Kwesiga, Chief Executive Director-Uganda Industrial Research Institute as the Chief Guest, among other dignitaries.
Speaking at the launch as the Guest of honour, Prof. Kwesiga encouraged all the youth to start changing their mindset, be disciplined and focus on hard work to get a bright future, reminded the youth to stop looking at people’s success but rather look at the background of people’s success to learn the steps to those peoples success.
Prof. Kwesiga further promised to fully support the magazine and all the youth in Kigezi doing great work in Kigezi.
Notable contributors on the day included; Derrick Collections who promised to sponsor 25% cash for every publication of the magazine that will be out and Mrs Julie Solberg in her absence, Hon Ajja, who promised to keep supporting us in the entire magazine journey.
Other guests at the function included; Ms. Ruth Ndyabahika Kendegye-Founder Grace Villa Kabale, Mr. Sam Evidence Orikunda-Dep. RDC Sheema District, CPA- Dr. Begumisa Protazio, Aspirant MP Ndorwa East, Hon Dr Kamara, Kabale Member of Parliament, Hon Joseph Mutebile, Aspirant MP Kabale District, Mr Sam Arineitwe, Central Division Chairman and other different youth leaders throughout the whole of Kigezi region.
Mr Eddy Nahwera, the CEO and Founder of Kigezi Teens Magazine thanked the sponsors and different stakeholders for their effortless contribution towards the completion of the magazine’s fourth edition.
He in particular singled out Prof. Kwesiga for always supporting youth projects in the region, and for supporting youth empowerment throughout the whole country and across.
“Our copies are now available for sale at all our outlets in Uganda; i.e; Kabale at Derrick Collections, Rukungiri at Jimpix Studios-Robathy Plazza, Mbarara at Derrick Collections, Kasese at Snow FM reception, Kisoro at VOM reception and Kampala in Makindye at Vanz Media, Wilson rd Jesco Plazza rm 21. May everyone buy a copy of the magazine to support our great work.” He stated.
Mr Nahwera requested the government to fully support such youth initiatives for the betterment of the young people in Kigezi and Uganda at large.
“We request the government to always include influential youth at every stage of government programs so that our grievances can be represented better as the youth. Their team releases annual editions and they call upon the participation and involvement of all the youth in their different activities and work. We need more sponsors, donors and funds to keep us doing this good work since we release annual editions and are committed to organising such functions every year to motivate the youth.”
“Meaningfully engaging young people is the first step to the realization of our rights and the need to change our society,” he concluded.
The Kigezi Teens Awards 2023
The awarding ceremony, a subsidiary program and an annual event that combines all youth collectively from every region of Kigezi held on the same night attracted more than 350 people from greater Kigezi and others from Central and other parts of Uganda.
Organized with the main aim of encouraging hard work among the youth, and appreciating their efforts in different fields, the awards saw a total number of 130 youths nominated in the 20 categories available.
One winner was declared per category and there were only 20 winners from all the rest that were nominated. The election according to the organizers was free and fair however despite a few challenges faced, being the first edition where the voting was done online.
Below is the full list of winners in the 2022 Kigezi Teens Awards
- ACTOR OF THE YEAR -MEMORY AGUMA
- ACTRESS OF THE YEAR – KATUSHABE BRENDA
- PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR – GEORGE GRINGO
- MUSIC PRODUCER OF THE YEAR-UNCLE NATURE
- CULTURAL HIT OF THE YEAR-OWEITU KIGEZI BY SNAZZ MOSES
- EVENT ORGANISER OF THE YEAR-DERRICK HAILE
- VIDEO OF THE YEAR-AKASINGYE NOKEHA BY FACT ZAMANI
- BEST FASHION ICON- DERRICK COLLECTIONS (KABALE)
- DJ OF THE YEAR- DJ KAFALL (KANUNGU)
- MC OF THE YEAR– MC AUSTIN (KABALE)
- PROMOTER OF THE YEAR – OTA OTA (KABALE)
- EVENT ORGANIZER OF THE YEAR – DERRICK HAILE (KABALE)
- BEST SPORTS PRESENTER- MC KIWA, RUBANDA FM (KABALE)
- BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST OF THE YEAR-HAYES WILLIT
- FLYEST GANG- KIHIHI LIFESTYLE CIRCLE
- SPORTS ANALYST OF THE YEAR- PRINCE JUNIOR KISORO
- LEADERSHIP IN COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD-LIANA – KABALE CHRISTIAN CARE
- CHEF OF THE YEAR- TIMOTHY TITUS
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY CHAMPION- MRS JULIE SOLBERG
TEENS LEADERS 2023
- ASIIMWE NOBERT-MR TEENS KIGEZI
- AINEMBABAZI ASHLEY- MISS TEENS KIGEZI
- ASIIMWE BABRA- MISS CULTURE
- NABASA SOLOMON- MR CULTURE
- ASIIMIRE FRANKLYN- MISS FASHIONISTA
- SAMMY PROVIDER- MR FASHIONISTA
- TAREMWA JOSHUA-MR CREATIVITY
- NALUWAGI HALIMA- MISS CREATIVITY
- AYEBARE GRACE- MISS TALENT
- VICTOR VICKIE- MR TALENT
- BIRYABA TONNY – MR POPULARITY
- UWASE NASHIFA- MISS POPULARITY
MORE PICTURES BELOW
Do you have a story or an opinion to share? Email us on: email@example.com Or join the Daily Express WhatsApp channel for all the latest news and trends or join the Telegram Channel for the latest updates.