KAMPALA, UGANDA: The Inspector General of Police – IGP John Martins Okoth Ochola has promoted a total of 9312 subordinate officers to various ranks with effect from June 01, 2023.
According to a police statement by deputy forces spokesperson CP Polly Namaye, the promotions were based on a number of requirements including; seniority, record of work, acting position, exemplary performance such as in operations and executing given tasks and discipline record of the officers.
The numbers promoted have been broken down as below;
- Assistant Inspector of Police (AIP) to Inspector of Police(IP) 1145
- Head Constable Major (HCM) to Inspector (IP) 05
- Head Constable (HC) to Head Constable Major(HCM) 03
- Station Sergeant to Head Constable 28
- Sergeant (Sgt) to AIP 1531
- Corporal (Cpl) to Sergeant 2644
- Police Constable to Corporal 3956
This is the latest promotion involving subordinate officers after the last one that came in 2021 when 3,097 subordinate officers were raised to various non-commissioned ranks.
“We congratulate the officers and their families upon this well-deserved occasion of their promotion. We encourage them and other officers to continue serving the public diligently,” Namaye stated.