The head of Da’awa in Uganda also Spokesperson for Kibuli Muslim faction Shiekh Nuhu Muzaata was pronounced dead on Friday at International Hospital Kampala (IHK) where he had been admitted for over two weeks allegedly infected with coronavirus.
Read also: Who is Sheikh Muzaata? Full Biography and All you need to Know About Uganda’s Fallen Imam Leader
Here are some of the 9 interesting facts you didn’t know about Sheikh Nuhu Muzaata Batte:-
- Sheikh Nuhu Muzaata Batte was born in the 1950s, to the late Adam Muzaata in Bwaise, Lufula Zone. Sheikh Adam was a well known Islamic religious healer. Hue used the Holy Quran to treat the sick.
- Muzaata’s father died in 1990 and was buried in Kazo, a Kampala suburb next to Bwaise. But later on, Muzaata and other family members decided to exhume and transferred their father’s remains to Kigogwa, along Bombo road.
- It’s said, the late Kamadi Muzaata, Sheikh Muzaata’s grandfather originated from Tanzania. He migrated to Uganda in the early 1800 and settled in Buganda region, during Buganda King Ssekabaka Ssuuna II’s reign (1830 until 1856). Kamadi Muzaata was a native doctor. He locally treated many people including one of Kabaka Ssuuna’s wives named Muganzirwazza. Muganzirwazza was the mother of Ssekabaka Mwanga II. But later on, Kamadi Muzaata shifted to Mbale where Nuhu Muzaata’s father was born.
- But after some time, Muganzirwazza decided to offer Kamadi Muzaata a piece of land in Bwaise, such that her native doctor stays near her, and in case of any health need, he can attend to her quickly. It’s said Kamadi Muzaata accepted the request and shifted to Bwaise, where he stayed until he breathed his last. His son Adam Muzaata turned his successor, and then in the 1950s, he produced Sheikh Nuhu Muzaata Batte.
- Muzaata began studying, the moment he started speaking. His father started teaching him the Islamic religion and the Holy Quran. After making seven years of age, his father took him to Bilal Islamic School in Bwaise. In Bilal Islamic School, Muzaata studied for only a short time, and his father shifted him to Bilal Quran Islamic School, former Binyira, in Wandegeya.
- In 1982, Sheikh Nuhu Muzaata Batte finished his studies at Bilal and then joined the University of Madina in Saudi Arabia, where he has ordained a Sheikh.
- After Muzaata returned home, he began doing business alongside preaching the word of Allah. He then established a tour and travel company destined to Mecca and Medina for Muslims intending to make Hijja and Umrah, a business he was still running up to the time of his death.
- He was the head of da’awa in Uganda, and Spokesperson of the Kibuli Muslim faction and Muzaata said to hold such a position, one must possess a degree in Sharia Laws, aged between 40-70 years and without any criminal record.
- Sheikh Muzaata was a married man with two wives and children.
Supreme Mufti, Sheikh Siliman Kasule Ndirangwa, had on Thursday said Sheikh Muzaata was in stable condition.
Ndirangwa who dismissed reports that the vocal cleric was poisoned said that Muzaata had tested negative for the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Ndirangwa, Muzaata was suffering from normal sickness and that he had tested negative for COVID-19.
Muzaata has also been the spokesperson of the Kibuli Muslim faction.
Do you have a story or an opinion to share? Email us on: email@example.com Or join the Daily Express WhatsApp Group or Telegram Channel for the latest updates.